1. Don’t take too long before you act. If you are going to think about it for 6 months before you eventually ask a woman out on a date, chances are that she will already have found a partner.
2. Only two things can happen. She can say “yes” or “no”. Most of us tend to totally ignore the possibility of it being a “yes”. Instead we focus on a negative result and by doing this we are setting ourselves up for failure. Be positive and let it show. Your prospective date will easily pick up on your lack of confidence and it can only negatively affect the outcome.
3. Don’t ask others. Do not discuss it with all your family and friends and the postman. If you want to ask someone out on a date, just do it. It will not help to consult others in the matter as this is a personal matter that you need to decide on for yourself.
4. Be discrete. Don’t ask someone out in front of other people or in a public place with all your friends and their friends standing around watching. Of all the dating tips for men, this is probably the one that most will get right because nobody likes to be rejected in public.
5. What if you are shy ? There really is nothing wrong with asking a woman out on a date by email or text. It is however not acceptable to cancel using these methods.
6. Keep it simple. Don’t prepare a big speech or essay in order to ask someone out on a date. Use a simple opening line, something like : “I was wondering if you would be interested in going for a cup of coffee some time”.
7. Set a time and place. Don’t just say let’s do something. Be specific about time and place. Don’t use weak or vague words when asking a woman out on a date. Something like “let’s hang out” implies a passive attitude to your time together.
8. Don’t ask. You need to invite her. Never start the conversation with “Will you go out with me ?” Rather say something like :”Let’s go see a movie.”
9. Never use the “date” word. This may seem silly but rather simply invite her to spend time with you. This will keep the idea of romance alive and also add some mystery.
10. Plan something simple. The purpose of a date is to get to know each other. When you ask a woman out on a date, that is exactly what you should focus on, not the place or activity. Choose something that will give both of you a chance to casually get to know each other without too many distractions.
11. It is just a date. It is not a job interview to determine the outcome of the rest of your life, so chill out. Don’t over think the date.